Tuesday, September 11, 2018

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO CHASE YOUR DREAMS!

Favre, MJ, Clemens, Foreman, Magic, Phelps, Bower. 

You can now add me to the list of stars that have come back to give it one last shot.

Almost four years to the day of my last official blog post, I have triumphantly returned.

Here is my "Why I am joining The Athletic" moment;

Recently I've come across some incredible opportunities to curate blog content for some well known websites, but first I must build up my portfolio. Writing (sports writing in particular) has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid, and as I have discovered that it might not be too late to pursue the dream, I made the decision to go after it one last time.

I am working on some basic changes to the blog, mainly a name change and layout change, but in the meantime this will suffice. I am not here for the frills, just the content. I hope that is why you are here too.

I am holding myself accountable to 2-3 posts minimum each day. It will be mostly sports, but I will dabble in some pop-culture, and lets be real, it is hard to completely avoid politics in our current climate. I want to stir the pot, maybe create some controversy, and entertain.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want to stuff my portfolio with fresh blog work and get it out there for people to see. The last part is where you come in, if you have made it this far  that means you are intrigued, so please share my posts and my blog when you come across something that interests you.

Feel free to comment, get angry with me, praise me, critique me, whatever you feel is necessary to help push me on this new journey.

Thanks for reading, I will try not to disappoint!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more in the recent future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see more Oregon Duck focused coverage here

    ReplyDelete